For those in the Project Management sector & who know PRINCE2®, this is the latest next step for you. If you have not already passed your PRINCE2® Foundation examination we strongly advise that you do so first, as it is a requirement for the PRINCE2 Agile® examination. If you want to learn and even take the exam for PRINCE2®, you can find a complete training & examination bundle here.
What is PRINCE2 Agile®?
PRINCE2 Agile® is an extension module designed specifically to tailor PRINCE2® to an agile environment. The certification has been created for organisations and individuals already using PRINCE2® who would like further guidance on how to apply Agile methods to the world’s most popular project management framework.
PRINCE2 Agile® has been developed as a single-tier Practitioner qualification. The purpose of the certification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2® to an agile scenario.
What are the benefits of PRINCE2 Agile®?
- Allows you to focus on both management and delivery
- Lets you scale to your precise requirements
- Gives you control and good governance, flexibility and pragmatism
- Works with any established Agile approach
- A collaboratively-built programme that is corporate friendly
- Helps take projects and working practices to a new level of success and achievement.
After 31/12/17 PRINCE2® 2009 is replaced with PRINCE2® 2017. This gives you the following options should you wish to obtain PRINCE2®Foundation & Practitioner status:-
•Study this course and pass the PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation & Practitioner exams prior to 31/12/17.
•Upgrade your 2009 to 2017 exams and course ware for an extra £199 + vat
Get in touch for details.
The PRINCE2 Agile® courses on this page are offered by Robust IT ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2 Agile® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The course is divided into the following sections:
- Introduction to PRINCE2® Agile
- Agile Frameworks
- The Hexagon
- Focus Areas
- Helicopter View
- Organization, Governance (DP) and Business Case
- Tailoring SU & IP processes
- Plans Risk & Quality
- Change and Progress
- Tailoring CS, MP and SB processes
- Tailoring CP process and Summary
The course will help you to: –
- Understand the most common agile approaches – SCRUM, Kanban and Lean
- Decide whether or not to apply agile to a particular project (and how much!)
- Map the PRINCE2® management roles with common agile delivery roles
- Understand how to structure a PRINCE2® agile project team, with particular focus on the Project Manager and Team Manager / Delivery Team interface
- Understand how to apply the six target / tolerance areas in an agile way
- Understand the 5 recommended focus areas for PRINCE2® agile
- Learn new agile techniques, such as retrospectives, sprints and
- Study the principles and values of PRINCE2® agile
- Apply the PRINCE2® themes and processes in an agile way
Although you should have foundation level knowledge of PRINCE2® before taking this course, you do not have to have passed a PRINCE2® qualification.
The PRINCE2 agile Exam is 2.5 hours. It is an objective test (multiple choice) examination and it is ‘open book’, which means that you can reference the official text (PRINCE2 agile) during the exam, but no other reference material is permitted. This exam texts if you can tailor and apply your learnings using a simple scenario.
There are 5 question groups on the paper with 10 sub-questions in each. This means there are 50 marks/questions on the paper. You need to get 30 or more right to be awarded a pass (60%). There is no negative marking.
If you are attending a classroom course the exams will be paper based, and are usually included within the course schedule (depending on which package you have purchased). If you are taking an e-Learning course examinations are conducted on your computer via a remote proctoring service.
When you purchase a remote proctored exam with us you will receive an email with a voucher code and a link to use the code to make your exam booking when you feel ready to actually book the exam. Remote proctored exams exams can be taken at a date / time to suit you including evenings and week-ends, but please note that we need 10 days’ notice to book the proctored service.
There are some conditions (such as dyslexia) that qualify for extra time in the examinations.If you think you may qualify for extra time please let us know when booking your exam. You will need to provide documentary evidence of any condition claimed.
Exam Hints / Tips
Many people are understandably nervous when taking an exam. We offer the ProctorU service because it is real-time remote proctoring which minimises the risk of administrative issues during the exam. Furthermore, our courses are fully accredited and cover the appropriate syllabus.We also have guidance providing you with detailed hints and tips regarding exam techniques.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
Microsoft Windows XP, or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
OSX/iOS 6 or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Internet bandwidth of 1Mb or faster
Flash player or a browser with HTML5 video capabilities (We recommend Google Chrome)